Stored Forage Production School - 4 days (January 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2015) from 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline - December 12, 2014
Registration fee - includes all 4 days, a notebook of materials including presentations and refreshments:
- Before registration deadline - $30.00
- After registration deadline - $40.00
- What's new is forage genetics
- Small grains and double cropping
- Fertility and manure utilization
- What's new in weed control
- What's new in agronomic products/additives
- Precision agriculture technologies for forage production
- What's new in forage quality evaluation
- Economic of Cutting management
- Shrink in silage/hay making
- Forage inventory management
- What's new in corn silage
OSU Researchers and OSU Extension Specialists and Educators will present cutting edge information on what is new in stored forage production. All sessions will be provided via a webinar format with time for questions and discussion after each topic.
Forage Production School:
- Forages supply a significant part of the feed in most dairy and other ruminant animal operations in Ohio. New research and new technology helps us to make the most of this valuable resource.
- Interact with research experts and fellow producers from across the state of Ohio. Discover new, innovative ways of looking at forage production and what might work for you.
- Learn how to maximize profit per acre in Ohio's variable weather. Explore forage cutting management strategies, double cropping options, and silage production within the context of income, harvest costs and potential impact on milk production.
Locations - Stored Forage Production School Dates:
- January 7 & 14, 2015 - will be held at OSU Extension, Sandusky County, 2000 Countryside Drive, Fremont, OH 43420
- January 21 & 28, 2015 - will be held at OSU Extension, Ottawa County, 240 W. Lake St., Oak Harbor, OH 43449
- OSU Extension Dairy Working Group
- OSU Forages Team
- OSU Extension Sandusky & Ottawa Counties