4-H Awareness Photo Scavenger Hunt
Embark in a journey to Find Your Spark during our Ottawa County 4-H Photo Scavenger Hunt, sponsored by the Ottawa County 4-H Junior Leaders. Now thru the end of Ohio 4-H Week, we invite all of our 4-H families to participate in this fun photo scavenger hunt! You can find the list of tasks below, along with a link to a short survey that will be used to record your points.
Click here to submit your tasks and earn points! The last day to submit is March 14th.
Each member who completes and submits at least 3 tasks will earn a free project book!
The three families with the most points at the end will win our grand prize packages sponsored by the Ottawa County 4-H Junior Leaders!
1st place: Four (4) Roundtrip Tickets to Put-in-Bay on the Miller Boat Line
2nd place: Gift Certificate to Barnside Creamery
3rd place: Gift Certificate for Shop4-H.org
- What does 4-H mean to you? Be creative and show us in a picture.
- Tell us what the four Hs mean to you in a picture or collage.
- Pick a project you’ve never taken before and commit to completing it this year.
- Share about your favorite project to a friend.
- Get an early start on working on your 4-H projects.
- Paint the 4-H clover on your windows
- Thank your advisor for all they have done for you!
- Thank someone who has supported you in 4-H.
- Take a picture by your favorite place at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds
- Take a selfie with your favorite 4-H animal/livestock project - stuffed or real!
- Share what 4-H means to you on social media (and tag Ohio State – Ottawa County 4-H if it’s on Facebook!)
- Pledge your hands to larger service. Complete a service project as a family.
- Write a nice note and send it to a friend you haven’t seen in a while.
- Complete a random act of kindness.
- Rewrite your favorite song with lyrics about 4-H.
- Create a sign promoting 4-H and put it in your front yard.
- Invite a friend to your next 4-H meeting.
- Ask your parents or club advisors what their favorite 4-H projects were as kids.
- 4-H is about healthy living! Take a picture of you eating healthy or exercising.
- Bake green cookies!
- Make a food item in the shape of a clover.
- Make a recipe from one of the 4-H cooking books.
- Make some healthy snacks to share with your family.
- Make a collage that features things that only Ottawa County residents would know about.
- Grab a few of of your closest friends and do your best socially-distanced O-H-I-O.
- Draw or paint a 4-H clover and include the years you and your family have been involved with 4-H.
- Design a 4-H coloring book page, color it in, and show us your finished masterpiece!
- Upcycle anything (bottles, toilet paper rolls, etc) and make a 4-H piece of artwork.
- Have a virtual game night with your 4-H friends.
- Have a game night with your whole family.
- Your head to clearer thinking…complete a puzzle as a family.
- Teach your favorite camp song to friends and family.
- Recreate your 4-H camp craft.
- Sport your favorite 4-H t-shirt and take a creative selfie.
- Go technology free for a day and be present with your loved ones.
- Check out a book at your local library and commit to reading it.
- Go on a walk with your family (optional: bring your dog!)
- Take a picture of birds or animals that you observe in nature.
- Study for skillathon!
- Complete your 4-H enrollment early.
- Make a 4-H mask.
- Repurpose an old mask into something new.
- Donate dog or cat items to an animal shelter.
- Thank a medical professional for their service during the pandemic.
- Clean a room in your house, do the dishes or some other task your parents would normally do for you.
- Practice the 4-H laundry project. Do a load of laundry for your family!
- Spring cleaning! Clean out your closet and donate your unneeded items.
- Read a book to a younger child or elderly family member, whether virtually or in-person.
- Write in a journal all the things you are grateful for.
- Show us your best mask selfie!